Outreach Events and Services
Airport Shuttle Services
Normal Schedule Travel Dates
Normal Schedule Shuttle Request Form
The University’s Division of Outreach Events & Services offers a shuttle service to and from the Memphis International Airport (MEM) for students and University affiliates. Shuttles do not run continuously to and from the airport. These run on a reservation basis only. Shuttle requests should be made at least (6) business days prior to the date of travel in order to ensure a shuttle is available. It is recommended that you schedule a shuttle as soon as your flight is booked to ensure we have time to process and accommodate your request. Reservations are accepted up to one year in advance. Shuttle availability is limited and frequently reaches a maximum capacity during heavy travel times (beginning and ending of semesters, holidays, Spring Break, etc.). Please keep this in mind when scheduling your shuttle.
The cost of one round-trip shuttle is $145 per person. The cost of a one-way shuttle is $95 per person. To book a round-trip shuttle, flight information for both travel dates are required at the time of booking. Payment is required prior to your first shuttle with either a VISA or MasterCard.
The shuttle service operates 7 days/week with the exceptions of University-recognized holidays and home football game days. The earliest departing flight time that can be accommodated is an 8:00 a.m. CST/CDT flight and the latest arriving flight time that can accommodated is a 10:00 p.m. CST/CDT flight.
Use our Memphis Airport Shuttle Request Form to make your transportation request. View the Cancellations and Refunds policy page for more information about cancellations and refunds.
The following information will be required to complete the form:
- Passenger’s Name
- Passenger’s Cell Number
- Passenger’s E-Mail
- Flight Carrier
- Flight Number
- Flight Time
- Flight Date
- Pick Up/Drop Off Location in Oxford
- Any special notes or requests
School Breaks and High-Volume Travel Dates
High Volume Shuttle Request Form END OF SPRING SEMESTER Only
|Notable High Volume Dates|
|2022/2023 School Year|
|Holiday/Event Dates||High Volume Travel Dates|
|Fall Move-In Weekend||August 20th - 21st, 2022||August 20th - 21st, 2022|
|Thanksgiving Break||November 19th - 27th, 2022||November 18th, 19th, 26th, & 27th, 2022|
|Winter Break||December 10th, 2022 - January 22rd, 2023||December 9th, 10th, 2022 & January 21st, 22nd, 2023|
|Spring Break||March 11th - 19th, 2023||March 10th, 11th, 12th, 18th, & 19th, 2023|
|Graduation Weekend||May 13th - 14th, 2023||May 12th - 13th, 2023|
Due to the high demand for shuttles to and from the Memphis International Airport (MEM) during the peak times listed above, we have contracted with a charter bus service to provide greater service capacity. While this option allows us to help more passengers arrange airport transport, it will limit our ability to offer pick-ups and drop-offs around the Oxford/University area. Instead, during high volume dates, we will use the Jackson Avenue Center as our central drop-off and pick-up area. Our cost for the round-trip group shuttles (a single Oxford-to-MEM shuttle and a single MEM-to-Oxford shuttle) are $145.00 per person. A one-way group shuttle (Oxford-to-MEM OR MEM-to-Oxford) is $95.00 per person.
The earliest flight we can accommodate departing the Memphis International Airport (MEM) is an 8:00 a.m. flight. This requires a 5:00 a.m. shuttle pick up from Oxford. The latest flight we can accommodate landing at the Memphis International Airport (MEM) is a flight landing at 10:00 p.m. The last group transport shuttle leaves the Memphis International Airport (MEM) by 10:30 p.m.
Here are a few helpful tips for busy holiday travel:
- Please communicate any changes with our office. We oversee the shuttling of hundreds of unique passengers during these “High Volume Travel” dates and we rely on each passenger to keep us up-to-date with any changes.
- Please be patient with our staff as we reply to each communication. We often get multiple calls at one time and will respond as soon as we can. An email or text message telling us who you are and what change is occurring is the most efficient and helpful way of communicating.
- Please be understanding. We set our wait times between each shuttle with the goal of keeping everyone’s wait time to a minimum. However, this can affect some passengers more than others.
Parking at the Jackson Avenue Center for Bus Service
- Do not park in yellow-lined parking spaces in front of Malco Cinema or in designated faculty/staff spaces.
- Vehicles should have University parking permits valid in Commuter Red at JAC. Those who don't have a parking permit should email email@example.com to register the vehicle as parked at JAC for an airport shuttle.
- Please park in perimeter areas of the lot (not near yellow lined spaces) and do not store valuables in your car.