Are you ready…for Ole Miss? For Freshman year?
JumpStart is a program for incoming U.S. and International freshmen wanting to begin their fall semester during the summer. Students can choose to attend the June, July or August session. During the program, students take two classes (one class during August) from a wide variety of options including DS courses (Developmental Studies).
Students live on campus and start learning about life at Ole Miss before the rest of the freshman class. The program offers workshops, guest speakers and guided social activities that provide participants the tools needed to make the next four years a success.
To participate in JumpStart, the student must have been admitted to Ole Miss beginning the freshman year in the fall.
Program activities are designed to enhance the college experience and give students the tools they need to make their next four years a success.
- Earn up to six (6) credit hours and lighten your Fall course load.
- Receive a half-tuition scholarship.*
- Live on campus with other JumpStart students.
- Gain the skills and tools needed for student success.
- Get the inside scoop on anything and everything Ole Miss!
- *See Costs for details.
- Already started taking college classes? JumpStart is still for you! Take any class and get acclimated to Ole Miss life.
- Need to take a developmental studies course? Take the DS course(s) you need this summer to start regular classes this Fall.
- Be admitted to the University of Mississippi
- Be an incoming freshman in the Fall
What Students are Saying
Former participants have shared their feedback with us. Take a look!
“I think JumpStart is a great program. I would suggest all incoming freshman attend JumpStart.”
“I feel prepared and way less anxious about the fall semester. I now know that I can handle what is thrown my way and if for some reason I can’t, I understand how to get help.”