Get Involved with Pre-College Programs
The Office of Pre-College Programs works in partnership with educators to bring meaningful learning opportunities to students across Mississippi and the world. There are several ways to get involved with us:
- Sponsor student teams at your school to attend competitions and conferences at the University of Mississippi.
- Encourage students to take part in academic courses, camps, and workshops year-round. We have programs for elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Work with us! We rely on educators’ expertise to design and deliver high-quality programming. You can learn more on our Job Opportunities page.
UM Faculty and Staff
UM faculty, graduate students, and staff are critical members of the team that makes it possible for the Office of Pre-College Programs to connect students directly with departments and programs on campus. Students frequently cite great encounters with our faculty and staff as a deciding factor in their decision to apply to Ole Miss as undergraduates.
Below you can find a brief overview of some options for getting involved, but if you have ideas you’d like to share, we’re always happy to try something new. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to volunteer.
- Competitions Judge — Judge student entries and performances for one event or several. We need judges from a variety of disciplines. Minimal time commitment.
- Occasional Presenter/Facilitator — At our monthly Thresholds event series for high school students, we highlight great ideas and exciting happenings on our campus. These events emphasize interactivity and encourage student interest in UM programs. Typically requires some planning time and 45 minutes – 1 hour of facilitation.
- Workshop Facilitator — Summer week-long programs are a fantastic opportunity to take students on a deep dive into their interests. Some facilitators plan and deliver entire week-long programs while others prefer to visit with us for just a couple hours as featured guests. Instructor positions are paid while guest presenters are volunteers. Significant time commitment.
Serving the community is at the heart of what we do in preparing children for college and career. Community members play a critical role as mentors, sponsors, and guides to our students.
As a community member, there are many ways you can get involved with the Office of Pre-College Programs. Below are just a few.
- Presenter — Community members share their expertise and experience with our students by giving presentations in our classrooms or even on site in their own work environments. These real-world insights inspire students to pursue careers they might never have imagined.
- Scholarship Donor — By donating even a small amount, you can make it possible for a child with financial need to attend a summer camp or workshop. We partner with organizations across the state to reach children who would otherwise lack access to summer academic enrichment. Scholarships make it possible for us to provide food, housing, instruction, and sometimes even transportation to and from Oxford for low income and first-generation students with academic interests. For information on how to give, please visit our giving page (add link when page is built).