UM Outreach Program Succeeds in Helping Teachers and Students in Rural School Districts
Writing program results proven to make a difference in college and career readiness.
Read full story on the UM Outreach website
Lee County invited presenters from the University of Mississippi's Writing Project to introduce close-reading concepts to its middle- and high-school teachers
Full story at Northeast Mississippi
Who We Are
What is our mission?
The University of Mississippi Writing Project seeks to empower teachers to improve thinking, writing, teaching, and learning through access, diversity, and equity; through relevant and current teaching practices; and through teacher expertise, leadership, and reflection.
How do we execute our mission?
- Workshops for educators across the curriculum
- In-school professional development for schools and districts
- Intensive summer programs
- Continued support for teachers throughout the year
- Young writers' programs
Why should you participate?
- Current and relevant training in instruction
- Access to a state and national network of teachers and resources
- Insightful and reflective approaches to classroom practice
- Collaborative atmosphere empowers teachers as professionals
- Community of dedicated and knowledgeable professionals in literacy education