Policies on withdrawal depend on whether or not the student is enrolled as a student at the University of Mississippi. Within those two categories there are rules. All students (UM and non-UM) are required to submit the Withdrawal Request Form. Students will not be officially withdrawn unless this form is received by the iStudy office. The online form can be found here.
- Non-UM students may withdraw at any time prior to taking the final examination with no academic penalty and no grade will be recorded.
- Refunds are only allowed if the withdrawal form is received within 30 days of enrolling.
- Re-enrolling requires full payment of tuition.
- Withdrawal from a semester-based course is permitted at any time within the semester registration period (before the last day to register or add classes).
- Another course may be added within the semester registration period at no charge.
- If an iStudy course is added after the registration window is closed, it must be a Flex iStudy course. The cost of the course would then be in addition to the cost of full-time tuition.
- Semester-based courses are unavailable once the registration window is closed.
- Refunds are not available after the semester refund date.
UM students may withdraw from their Flex iStudy course under these conditions:
- The midpoint of the course is not reached
- The course is not expired
A letter grade (A, B, C, D, or F) will be assigned to any UM student who is past the halfway point but does not complete the course. Students must pass the final exam in order to pass the course. (See applicable course syllabi for more information.)
Students should consider carefully before withdrawing from a course. Re-enrolling requires full payment of tuition. The maximum permissible time for completion is one calendar year plus one purchased 3-month extension.