Study USA program gearing up for hands-on Wintersession courses in four exciting locales
- Tour and then compare several casino operations including, but not limited to: Bally’s, Aria, The Venetian, and Monte Carlo
- Meet and interact with industry leaders in order to develop an appreciation for the professionalism and prestige the lodging industry holds on a global scale
- Learn to understand hotel operations and how the various lodging components interact with the overall resort
- Distinguish how gaming, food and beverage, entertainment, and hotel operations of a casino feed off one another to maximize revenues and exceed guest expectations
- Develop the ability to identify legal, social, and ethical considerations affecting hospitality organizations as they relate to the global community
Itinerary subject to change. Students should wait to make travel arrangements after confirming dates and times with instructor.
TBD in Oxford, January 2-7, 2020 in Las Vegas
Students must have instructor’s approval to take this course. All majors are welcome, as there are no prerequisites for this course. Hospitality management and business majors may be interested in enrolling.
Course fee is $900. Included in the cost are housing, select group dinners, tours, and activities. Study USA application fee, tuition, airfare, meals other than the group dinners, and personal spending money are excluded from the course fee.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from Las Vegas and meet with the group and instructor at a time and place pre-determined by the instructor. Housing accommodations will be at the Linq Hotel.