Fall Application Deadline is
September 25, 2014!
How to Apply
- Las Vegas...more info coming soon
- New Orleans...more info coming soon
- Washington, DC...more info coming soon
Why Study USA?
- It’s domestic.
- It’s affordable.
- It augments the traditional classroom experience.
- It’s a means of networking.
- It provides a realistic preview of careers and opportunities available to students.
Why learn about Study USA? So you can...
- Be informed about this unique program offered by the University of Mississippi
- Work with your chair and dean to develop a short-term academic travel class
- Advise students about Study USA offerings
Information For Faculty
The Role of the Study USA Office »
After a proposal is accepted, we will…
- Create and distribute promotional materials
- Recruit students through informational sessions and class visits
- Accept and review student applications
- Coordinate logistics for the program
- Set course fees
- Work with professor to develop the details of the program
Before you depart, we will…
- Register students for courses
- Coordinate advance payments of student costs
While you're traveling…
- Assist with any logistical issues that arise
- Serve as a contact in case of emergency
Once you return, we will…
- Conduct student evaluations
- Aid with Travel Reimbursements
- Report grades to the Registrar
- Plan for future programs
The Course Proposal and Planning Process »
After you've determined a topic and location around which to develop a course…
- Check the Study USA site to make sure that nothing similar has been offered
- Work with your department chair to determine the feasibility of a Study USA offering
- Prepare the Course Proposal Form (pdf available on the Study USA website)
- Submit the Course Proposal Form and syllabus to the department chair for approval
- Once approved by the chair, submit the Course Proposal Form and syllabus to the Dean for final approval
- Complete the Course Planning Form to refine course details and provide specific for use in marketing materials and promotion (pdf available on the Study USA website)
- Submit you approved Course Proposal Form, Course Planning Form and syllabus to the Study USA office by the course proposal deadline for consideration (see the Study USA website for deadlines)
- For repeat offerings, submit an updated and approved Course Proposal Form and syllabus to the Study USA Office by the course proposal deadline for consideration
After your proposal is accepted…
- Meet with the Study USA director to discuss program specifics
- Begin recruiting students – you are the best promoter of your program
- Once the class meets minimum enrollments, begin communicating with your students about course logistics and details
Before you depart…
- Meet with students for orientation
- Complete a Travel Authorization
- Finalize details with the Study USA Office
- Obtain student health and emergency treatment paperwork from the Study USA Office
While you're traveling…
- Hold an on-site orientation
- Keep track of student arrivals and departures
- Address student behavior and conduct
- Uphold the academic integrity of your program
- Be vigilant about student health and safety
- Keep in touch with the Study USA Office
Once you return…
- Tally and report grades using the Study USA Grade Report Form (spreadsheet available from the Study USA Office)
- File your Travel Reimbursement
- Assess the success of your program
- Plan for future offerings of the completed program
Course Proposal Deadlines
Wintersession Courses - August 15
May Intersession -November 15
August Intersession - November 15
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at email@example.com or (662) 915 6511.