Study USA program gearing up for hands-on Wintersession courses in four exciting locales
National Restaurant Association Show
Dates: TBD (on campus), May 16-21, 2019 (Chicago)
Credit Hours: 3
Instructor: Dr. Tanya Ruetzler, Associate Professor of Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Cost: $950 plus tuition
Application Deadline: April 11, 2019
- Visit exhibitors at the National Restaurant Association Show and discover ground-breaking trends in the restaurant industry
- Tour and dine at a variety of Chicago’s most popular restaurants
- Learn about the many aspects of restaurant operations and factors that influence restaurant conceptualization
- Select from more than 60 educational sessions at the NRA Show
- Network with industry leaders and establish professional contacts in the hospitality and restaurant business
*Please verify specific dates with instructor and confirm that the course has adequate enrollment to make before making travel arrangements.
*Itinerary subject to change.
TBD (on campus), May 16-21, 2019 (Chicago)
Students will spend six days in Chicago attending National Restaurant Association Show. Students can explore the city during free time and visit notable Chicago sites like The Art Institute of Chicago, The Field Museum, Chicago Architecture Foundation, Millennium Park, Adler Planetarium, and The Magnificent Mile.
This program is for Hospitality Management students and others interested in restaurants, design, marketing and tourism. There are no prerequisites for this course.
The course fee is $950 plus tuition. Included in the course fee are accommodation, admission to the NRA Show, four group meals. Excluded from the course fee are the Study USA application fee, tuition, some meals, airport transportation, airfare, and personal spending money.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from Chicago. Shared accommodations will be provided at a hotel near McCormick Place. Airfare can be billed to their bursar account by making arrangements through Amber Gregory at Travel Leaders at AGregory@travelleaders.com or (800) 624-6579, ext. 151.