Admission to UM-Rankin

Transfer Students

The decision to transfer to the University of Mississippi from a community college is an important one, and we want to help you along each step of the way. At UM-Rankin we provide you with the resources to succeed as a transfer student. On this website you will find relevant information on a number of topics to help make your transition to Ole Miss a seamless one.

The University of Mississippi is the state's largest university, and as a transfer student here you will soon understand the value of an Ole Miss degree. Our graduates are industry leaders both statewide and nationwide, and hold top positions at Fortune 500 companies, in the healthcare industry, the legal profession, and many other fields.

Stay connected with UM-Rankin through Facebook, Twitter, and email to ensure that you have all the information you need for an easy transition.

Get the Regional Campus Transfer Guide

Undergraduate Admissions Checklist

Complete an application for admission well in advance of the period in which enrollment is sought. Applicants are encouraged to apply for admission online. If you prefer a paper application, a printable form is available on this website or at the UM-Rankin office. There is a $25 application fee that can be paid by credit or debit card online or by check or money order if you mail in a paper application.

Request each college you have previously attended to send a sealed official transcript of your academic record directly to:

The University of Mississippi-Rankin
3805 US-80 E.
Pearl, MS 39208

All applicants born after January 1, 1957, must submit documentation of two MMR vaccines (measles, mumps, and rubella) prior to registration. Visit the University Health Center page, click on “Proof of Immunizations,” and follow directions on how to submit through Med+Proctor. You will use your myOleMiss ID and password. For questions about immunization requirements, contact Student Health Services at 662-915-7274.

The University of Mississippi offers a wide array of financial aid opportunities to transfer students, including scholarships, grants, loans and work-study. For more information on these and other awards, visit the scholarships and grants page or contact the UM-Rankin Financial Aid Advisor.

Academic counseling is available on the UM-Rankin campus and is required before registering for courses each semester. Call (662) 234-1234 to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor after you receive your admission acceptance letter or click this link to schedule online.

Check the current students menu on the UM-Rankin homepage for course schedules, registration dates, textbook information, and other important information.

UM Admissions References