Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
The Office of Pre-College Programs offers programs, events, and competitions that have been designed to challenge talented K-12 students to experience academic rigor and success at levels above what is expected of their age group.
Professional educators as well as undergraduate and graduate students serve a critical role in carrying out our mission.
Employment roles for professionals and graduate students include:
- Online high school teacher (certified teachers only)
- Summer camp or workshop facilitator
- Summer counselor supervisory staff (graduate students only)
- Competition Corps coordinator (graduate students only)
Volunteer and employment roles for undergraduate students include:
- Competition Corps volunteer
- Summer camp counselor
- JumpStart peer leader
- Office assistant
Employment Opportunities for UM Students
Students hired to work for the Office of Pre-College Programs are part of an elite group of highly motivated individuals, determined to be great ambassadors for the University of Mississippi who act as role models committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of young people visiting our campus. Pre-College student employees leave a positive impact on every student that participates in our programs.
Every position in our office provides training and skill development that will apply across a number of professions, setting our students up for success in future career endeavors.
We are looking for students who have:
- Full-time status at the University of Mississippi
- A minimum 3.0 GPA
- A proven record of good stewardship, personal initiative, dependability, and positive attitude as demonstrated in their resume, application, and references
- The respect of peers, teachers/faculty, and employers as demonstrated by references
Employment Opportunities for Professionals
The Office of Pre-College Programs houses an online high school which provides year-round asynchronous instruction. In summer, we also offer an array of academic enrichment programs emphasizing informal, student-centered learning environments.
Certified educators wishing to work part-time with the Office of Pre-College Programs may inquire about open positions by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.