What type of experience best suits your needs?
If you’re interested in taking a high school or college course for academic credit in order to catch up, get ahead, or explore personal interests in an academic setting, we have two options:
- Dual Credit — Earn college credit as a non-degree-seeking UM student by commuting to campus for in-person classes, attending remote or web courses online, or taking asynchronous, self-paced iStudy courses online. Available year-round.
- UM High School — Earn high school credit to transfer to a local school or earn a high school diploma, all online and available year-round.
Credit plus Residential Experience
If you’re interested in high school or college credit and a taste of residential life at UM, our June and July programs include classroom-based opportunities as well as laboratory experiences. These programs involve in-person attendance and offer enrichment opportunities including faculty mentoring, field trips, social programming, and a weekly colloquium series.
College credit programs include:
- Lott Leadership Institute for Rising 12th Graders
- UM Summer Language Institute
- Rebel Research Scholars Program
- Summer College for High School Students – Residential Program
High School credit programs include: