Write with the encouragement and guidance of experienced, actively publishing writers in our week-long program. Be inspired by the same landscapes that nurtured the talents of William Faulkner, John Grisham, and many other writers. During this workshop, students will experience a variety of approaches to prose and poetry.
- Bandwidth that can accommodate streaming video
- Access to a tablet or laptop for 2-3 hours per day
Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM; Friday, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
Move-in for residential students will be the Sunday prior to the camp’s beginning. Details will be sent by email two weeks beforehand.
Lunch will be provided at Rebel Market for all students.
Residential students will live in our middle school residence halls supervised by live-in counselors. All counselors are undergraduate students trained in the supervision of minors and background-checked. Evening recreational activities may include use of the campus recreational center, board games, and trips to locations on campus or in town.
Brandi Pillow is an English teacher with experience at the middle school, high school, and community college levels. Her areas of focus include community building in the classroom as well as creative writing and American literature. She holds an MFA in Creative Writing from the Mississippi University for Women and is currently working on a short story collection.
|Day of the Week
(Summer 2018 TBD)
8:00am – 12:00pm
1:00pm – 4:30pm
Registration for a camp or program is a two-part process – the online registration form and additional documentation. Both parts must be submitted to our office before a student is confirmed for enrollment in the program.
- Step 1: Go to the online registration portal.
- Step 2: Select the appropriate options and click “Add Event to Cart.”
- Step 3: Review your Cart Information and click “Checkout.”
- Enter your email address and click “Continue Unregistered.”
- Select the appropriate payment method and follow the prompts to complete the payment transaction. If you have a discount/scholarship code, you can enter it on the right side of the page and click “Apply.”
- Step 4: Enter the Student’s Information, Parent/Guardian, Emergency Contact, and additional information. Click “Submit.” You will receive an emailed receipt and confirmation of registration. Please retain a copy of this receipt for your reference and tax purposes.
- We value the safety and well-being of all our participating students in online environments. Please review and complete the online Waiver Form with the appropriate student and parent information to indicate consent to participation that includes the use of online applications and web resources.
- The Office of Pre-College Programs has set guidelines and rules in place for the safety of the students participating in our camps and programs. Please review and complete the online Agreement Form with the appropriate student and parent information.
For additional information, please contact: