The University of Mississippi Writing Project
UMWP 2023 Spring Workshop Series for Teachers
Cost: $125 per workshop. Lunch is provided. Schools may send four teachers for the price of three.
CEUs: Available for a $20 processing fee per workshop and per teacher.
Building Literacy Skills Through Text Sets
Secondary (6-12) — Wednesday, January 25, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Increase student engagement and agency by using high-interest text sets
- Teach multiple standards and skills with intentional sequencing
- Collaborate and build text sets with a variety of genres and perspectives
Purposeful Practice: Embedding Strategies for Literacy Instruction
Elementary (K-5) — Wednesday, January 25, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Expand student knowledge of the process and purpose of writing
- Create a communication-rich environment with meaningful activities
- Build intentional reading and writing practices into daily routine
Back by Popular Demand!
Preparing students for the MAAP Writing Assessment
Elementary (3-5) and Secondary (6-10) — Wednesday, February 15, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Focus on instructional practices to support on-demand writing
- Align your writing instruction with MAAP rubric expectations
- Analyze scoring guidelines, student samples, and writing prompts
Note: Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. All cancellations must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48-hours prior to the workshop date.