In order for your program to be eligible for CEUs, the provider must meet the following criteria:
- Program offered must be at least 5 hours of instructional time (clock hours).
- The instructional methods must be appropriate to the program objectives to ensure that the participants are being actively engaged in the content.
- The facilities must be appropriate to accomplishing the instructional methods and the program objectives.
- An evaluation tool must be provided to the participants at the end of the program.
Types of programs eligible for approval consideration:
- Classroom Sessions
- Self-Paced Directed Study
- Outside Assignments/Experiences with planned educational objectives and outcomes
Types of events not eligible for approval:
- Academic Credit Courses
- Membership and Leadership Activities
- Committee Meetings
- Luncheons or Award Banquets
Apply Here to Offer CEUs for your program
Complete the CEU approval request form and attach all necessary documentation:
- resume/curriculum vitas of the presenters,
- agenda/schedule (must include times),
- copy of the evaluation tool that will be provided to the participants,
- other program materials (ex. brochures, website, fliers)
Note: It normally takes 3-5 business days before a decision is made regarding the approval of a program. Requests must be submitted 10 business days prior to your scheduled program.
You will be notified via email of the decision made about the program. If approved, our office will provide a Participant CEU Request form. This form must be completed, with the appropriate fee(s), by the participant(s) in attendance in order for CEU credits to be awarded.
After the program, you must submit to our office the following items:
- the completed participant sign-in sheet(s),
- a copy of the completed evaluations,
- the participants’ CEU request forms with full payment in order for the CEU certificates to be issued.
CEUs are calculated as: One (1) Continuing Education Unit (CEU) equals ten (10) contact hours. The contact hours must be instructional that engage the learner through lecture, activities, self-paced directed study, pre/post assignments, and/or outside assignments in support of the learning outcomes.
Workshops & Conferences (CEU Approved)
Click the links below to see the CEU Courses currently available
- Advanced Placement Summer Institute
- Autism Center of North Mississippi (off-campus)
- Discovering your Creative Self (off campus)
- Faulkner and Yoknapatawpha Conference
- Imaging the Interior (off-campus)
- MSTA Goes North Conference
- Oxford Conference for the Book
- Working from Inspiration (off campus)
- Working from Inspiration for Adult and Teachers
- Writing Project Workshops
Our office understands that there are times when you lose or misplace your original CEU certificate. In this case, we are able to send you a replacement certificate for a nominal fee. Please be advised that we only go back five (5) years.
Download and fill out this form to begin the process of requesting a replacement certificate.
Before requesting a replacement CEU certificate, please ensure your program was managed by The University of Mississippi Division of Outreach and Continuing Education and not the North MS Education Consortium.
If your program was managed by the North MS Education Consortium, please follow this link to request a replacement CEU certificate.
What are CEUs?
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are a nationally recognized measurement of non-credit continuing education programming.
How are CEUs calculated?
1 CEU = 10 contact hours
0.5 CEU = 5 contact hours
What is the minimum number of contact hours needed for a program to be considered for approval?
5 contact hours
How long is the approval valid for a program?
The approval is only valid for the date specified on your initial CEU approval request form. If you plan to offer the program on various dates, be sure to include those dates on your initial request form. If you fail to do so, you will have to submit a separate CEU approval request form for the other date(s).
As a provider, what if I want to offer a previously approved program again?
If it has been a year since you offered the program, you will need to renew your request by providing our office with additional information. Complete the downloadable form.
How much does it cost for a participant to request CEUs for an approved program?
There is a $20 administrative fee for each CEU certificate awarded to program participants. This fee is usually paid directly by the participant unless it is included in the program registration fee. All checks should be made payable to The University of Mississippi. If using a MasterCard or Visa, the participants may use our online payment system. The URL to the website will be provided to you upon program approval.
How long does it take for a program to be approved for CEUs?
It usually takes 3-5 business days for the program to be reviewed for approval.
How long does it take for me to receive my CEU certificate?
After the CEU requests are received in our office, the turnaround is usually 2 business days.
Can I get an electronic copy of my CEU certificate instead of having it mailed to me?
Yes, but be aware that your licensing agency may require a hard copy instead of an electronic copy. If you later need a hard copy of your certificate, there will be an additional administrative fee.
What can I do if I lose or misplace my CEU certificate?
You may request a replacement certificate and pay the appropriate administrative fee. A replacement form must be completed in order for a certificate to be sent to you. Click here to download the form.
Does your office maintain a copy of my CEU record?
The Office of Professional Development and Lifelong Learning maintains all CEU records for programs approved through the Division of Outreach and Continuing Education/School of Education/College of Liberal Arts. Our records date back 20 years for non-credit CEU approved programs.