Anime and Manga Drawing Workshop
Dates: June 15-19, 2020
Grades: Rising 9th - 12th grades
Cost: $700 Residential / $400 Commuter What's included in the cost?
Registrations Due: June 1, 2020
This class for intermediate to advanced students will focus on drawing in the style of Japanese Anime and Manga. We will be focusing on figure drawing and creating a scene that is believable using traditional drawing techniques. Participants will learn to better draw the human form and learn how to create a scene that tells a story.
This workshop may appeal to: students who love drawing, who enjoy anime and manga, who aspire to be future artists, graphic designers, marketers, or designers.
Sponsoring Department: The Office of Pre-College Programs
Workshop Type: 1 Week Residential or Commuter, non-credit
Seats Available: 24 max
- Be in good academic and conduct standing at the time of admission. The school can be public, private, parochial, or even home educated.
- Complete the online application.
|Day of the Week
(Summer 2018 TBD)
8:00am – 12:00pm
1:00pm – 4:30pm
Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM; Friday, 8:00 AM-2:00 PM
Move-in for residential students will be the Sunday prior to the camp’s beginning. Details will be sent by email two weeks beforehand.
Lunch will be provided at Rebel Market for all students.
Residential students will live in the Residential College South, supervised by live-in counselors. All counselors are undergraduate students trained in the supervision of minors and background-checked. Evening recreational activities may include use of the campus recreational center, board games, and trips to locations on campus or in town.
Mr. Thomas Grosskopf
Registration for a camp or program is a two-part process – the online registration form and additional documentation. Both parts must be submitted to our office before a student is confirmed for enrollment in the program.
- Register Online
- Step 1: Go to the online registration portal.
- Step 2: Select the appropriate options and click “Add Event to Cart.”
- Step 3: Review your Cart Information and click “Checkout.”
- Enter your email address and click “Continue Unregistered.”
- Select the appropriate payment method and follow the prompts to complete the payment transaction. If you have a discount/scholarship code, you can enter it on the right side of the page and click “Apply.”
- Step 4: Enter the Student’s Information, Parent/Guardian, Emergency Contact, and additional information. Click “Submit.” You will receive an emailed receipt and confirmation of registration. Please retain a copy of this receipt for your reference and tax purposes.
- Submit Medical Form
- We value the safety and well-being of all our participating students. In the event that any emergency or medical attention arises, ALL camps and programs require parents to submit medical forms on behalf of the student. Please DO NOT forget to return this form to our office as this will hold up the registration process for your student. If you have already submitted the medical form for a camp this summer, you will not have to submit it again. We do not retain medical documentation from previous summers.
- Step 1: Download and complete the Summer Medical Form (PDF link at top of page) with the appropriate student and parent information.
- Step 2: Attach a copy of:
- Student’s insurance card,
- Parent’s driver’s license
- Any other medical documents needed to seek treatment
- Step 3: Send the form and attachments to our office at: Outreach and Continuing Education, Office of Pre-College Programs, The University of Mississippi, P.O. Box 1848, University, MS 38677-1848.
- For the security of you and your student’s information, please do not email or fax medical forms to our office. We request that you mail or bring the forms to our office.
- Submit Agreement
- The Office of Pre-College Programs has set guidelines and rules in place for the safety of the students participating in our camps and programs. Please review these guidelines and rules and discuss with your student(s) before the first day of the program. The Agreement Form is available at the top of the page.
For additional information, please contact: