In today’s global marketplace, employers can choose the most gifted candidates from anywhere on earth, and even graduate degrees no longer guarantee prime positions. One old adage stills seems to hold true: “You can’t get a job without experience, but you won’t gain experience until you have a job.”
The right internship can lead to opportunities
INTERNSHIP BENEFITSInternships are very important in a student’s career development. Through these assignments, students can:
- Determine if this is an appropriate career path.
- Find out how to prepare for a career in a specific field.
- Develop a network of professional contacts for future opportunities and references.
- Learn about the workplace skills they need to develop in order to build a strong resume.
- Find out what to expect when they transition into a full-time job.