FIRST® LEGO® Robotics Camp
Dates: July 11-15, 2022
Grades: Rising 6th-8th grades
Cost: Residential $700/Commuter $400 <What’s included in the cost?
Registrations Due: June 1, 2022
Sponsors: UM Office of Pre-College Programs, UM Center for Mathematics and Science Education, UM School of Engineering
Students will build robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS technology. By solving design challenges, students will learn to build, program, and test autonomous robots. Along the way, they’ll work on their communication skills, critical thinking, and collaborative teamwork.
All in-person programs will comply with University of Mississippi COVID-19 protocols.
Students enrolled in the 7th- 12th grades and attending public school in Lee, Pontotoc, or Union counties are eligible to apply for a CREATE scholarship. For more information and to apply, please review the description on our scholarship page.
Residential students will live in a residence hall on campus, supervised by live-in counselors. All counselors are undergraduate students trained in the supervision of minors and background-checked. Evening recreational activities may include use of the campus recreational center, board games, and trips to locations on campus or in town.
Mr. Melton graduated from the University of Mississippi with a Bachelors in Education in 2010. He has taught science grades 4-8 for the last 10 years. He currently teaches 8th grade science, 7th grade Project Lead the Way Design and Modeling, 8th grade Project Lead the Way: Medical Detectives and Automation and Robotics. He coaches the FTC team 11279 Pure Imagination, the FLL Jr. team 19774 Lego Marvels, and the BEST Robotics team 0970 Game Changers.
Registration for a camp or program is a two-part process – the online registration form and additional documentation. Both parts must be submitted to our office before a student is confirmed for enrollment in the program.
- Step 1: Use the link above to go to the online registration portal.
- Step 2: Select the appropriate options and click “Add Event to Cart.”
- Step 3: Review your Cart Information and click “Checkout.”
- Enter your email address and click “Continue Unregistered.”
- Select the appropriate payment method and follow the prompts to complete the payment transaction. If you have a discount/scholarship code, you can enter it on the right side of the page and click “Apply.”
- Step 4: Enter the Student’s Information, Parent/Guardian, Emergency Contact, and additional information. Click “Submit.” You will receive an emailed receipt and confirmation of registration. Please retain a copy of this receipt for your reference and tax purposes.
Submit Medical Form
The Office of Pre-College Programs requires all participating students to have medical paperwork and emergency contact information on file if a student is registered for an in-person program. This information is used in the event an accident or emergency occurs involving a student participant.
- Step 1: Complete our Medical Form.
- Step 2: The following documentation must also be sent to the Office of Pre-College Programs: Outreach and Continuing Education, Office of Pre-College Programs, The University of Mississippi, P.O. Box 1848, University, MS 38677-1848.
- Copy of Insurance Card (front and back sides) or Waiver of Insurance Form (included in Medical Form)
- Copy of a Parent/Guardian’s Driver's License (front and back sides)
For security of the student and parent’s information, our office does not recommend emailing or faxing medical documents.
Submit COVID Compliance Form
In accordance with University of Mississippi guidelines and policy regarding COVID-19 health and safety for on-campus summer programs, all residential, commuter, or day camp students are required to have a custodial parent/legal guardian review and complete the online COVID-19 Compliance, Liability Waiver, and Assumption of the Risk Addendum Form with the appropriate student and parent information.
The Office of Pre-College Programs has set guidelines and rules in place for the safety of the students participating in our camps and programs. Please review and complete the online Agreement Form with the appropriate student and parent information.
For additional information, please contact: