We will read and illustrate the novel Ready Player One, using the text as direct reference for our images in the tradition of illustrators of the 20th century. Class will be broken up into discussion about the reading and sharing our illustrations. The final wil be painting a cover for the book. We’ll also have a chance to chat with faculty and students from the art department about education and career opportunities for art students.
- Bandwidth that can accommodate streaming video
- Access to a tablet or laptop for 2-3 hours per day
Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM; Friday, 8:00 AM-2:00 PM
Move-in for residential students will be the Sunday prior to the camp’s beginning. Details will be sent by email two weeks beforehand.
Lunch will be provided at Rebel Market for all students.
Residential students will live in the Residential College South, supervised by live-in counselors. All counselors are undergraduate students trained in the supervision of minors and background-checked. Evening recreational activities may include use of the campus recreational center, board games, and trips to locations on campus or in town.
Registration for a camp or program is a two-part process – the online registration form and additional documentation. Both parts must be submitted to our office before a student is confirmed for enrollment in the program.
- Step 1: Go to the online registration portal.
- Step 2: Select the appropriate options and click “Add Event to Cart.”
- Step 3: Review your Cart Information and click “Checkout.”
- Enter your email address and click “Continue Unregistered.”
- Select the appropriate payment method and follow the prompts to complete the payment transaction. If you have a discount/scholarship code, you can enter it on the right side of the page and click “Apply.”
- Step 4: Enter the Student’s Information, Parent/Guardian, Emergency Contact, and additional information. Click “Submit.” You will receive an emailed receipt and confirmation of registration. Please retain a copy of this receipt for your reference and tax purposes.
We value the safety and well-being of all our participating students in online environments. Please review and complete the online Waiver Form with the appropriate student and parent information to indicate consent to participation that includes the use of online applications and web resources.
The Office of Pre-College Programs has set guidelines and rules in place for the safety of the students participating in our camps and programs. Please review and complete the online Agreement Form with the appropriate student and parent information.
For additional information, please contact: