Make It Mississippi Manufacturing Leadership Summer Program
Dates: July 12-14, 2022
Sponsoring Department(s): The Haley Barbour Center for Manufacturing Excellence
Registration Note: A code will be provided to students when they are invited to participate in the program. At that point, students can click the Registration button below and use their code to enter the registration platform.
The Haley Barbour Center for Manufacturing Excellence (Manufacturing Leadership Summer Program) is hosting a free three-day camp that offers rising African American high school seniors the opportunity to learn more about manufacturing and STEM careers.
This camp aims to expose and educate students about all the different opportunities within manufacturing. This involves manufacturing, supply-chain, robotics, 3D printing, and leadership programs.
The benefits of this program include:
- Unique hands-on experiences
- Tours of manufacturing facilities
- Mentorship opportunities
- Networking with industry and student leaders
|Day of the Week||Morning Activities
8:00am – 12:00pm
1:00pm – 4:30pm
Residential students will live in a residence hall on campus, supervised by live-in counselors. All counselors are undergraduate students trained in the supervision of minors and background-checked. Evening recreational activities may include use of the campus recreational center, board games, and trips to locations on campus or in town.
Dakota Robertson is a two-time alumna of the University of Mississippi, with a bachelor’s degree in social work and a master’s degree in higher education and student personnel. Dakota currently serves as the Assistant Director of Admissions and Records at Northwest Mississippi Community College. As a first generation student, Dakota has a passion for helping students explore their many career and college options and choose their next steps after high school.
Registration for a camp or program is a two-part process – the online registration form and additional documentation. Both parts must be submitted to our office before a student is confirmed for enrollment in the program.
- Step 1: Use the link above to go to the online registration portal.
- Step 2: Select the appropriate options and click “Add Event to Cart.”
- Step 3: Review your Cart Information and click “Checkout.”
- Enter your email address and click “Continue Unregistered.”
- Select the appropriate payment method and follow the prompts to complete the payment transaction. If you have a discount/scholarship code, you can enter it on the right side of the page and click “Apply.”
- Step 4: Enter the Student’s Information, Parent/Guardian, Emergency Contact, and additional information. Click “Submit.” You will receive an emailed receipt and confirmation of registration. Please retain a copy of this receipt for your reference and tax purposes.
Submit Medical Form
The Office of Pre-College Programs requires all participating students to have medical paperwork and emergency contact information on file if a student is registered for an in-person program. This information is used in the event an accident or emergency occurs involving a student participant.
- Step 1: Complete our Medical Form.
- Step 2: The following documentation must also be sent to the Office of Pre-College Programs: Outreach and Continuing Education, Office of Pre-College Programs, The University of Mississippi, P.O. Box 1848, University, MS 38677-1848.
- Copy of Insurance Card (front and back sides) or Waiver of Insurance Form (included in Medical Form)
- Copy of a Parent/Guardian’s Driver's License (front and back sides)
For security of the student and parent’s information, our office does not recommend emailing or faxing medical documents.
Submit COVID Compliance Form
In accordance with University of Mississippi guidelines and policy regarding COVID-19 health and safety for on-campus summer programs, all residential, commuter, or day camp students are required to have a custodial parent/legal guardian review and complete the online COVID-19 Compliance, Liability Waiver, and Assumption of the Risk Addendum Form with the appropriate student and parent information.
The Office of Pre-College Programs has set guidelines and rules in place for the safety of the students participating in our camps and programs. Please review and complete the online Agreement Form with the appropriate student and parent information.
Cancellations and Refunds
Registrations may be cancelled up to two weeks prior to the selected session to receive an 80% refund. Refunds are not available if cancellation occurs less than two weeks prior to the selected session. Full refunds will be issued if the camp is cancelled due to low enrollment.
For additional information, please contact: