- Getting Real with the Core
- Curriculum Mapping for CCSS for Grades K-5
- Literature Integration Boot Camp for Grades 6-12
2014 Spring Wednesday Workshop Series for Teachers
- All Sessions are from 8:30-3:30 $150.00
- registration fee-includes lunch
- .5 CEUs available for a $20 fee
- Schools may send four teachers for the price of three
Connecting Informational Text with Literature
January 29, 2014 (Elementary) – Yerby Conference Center
February 5, 2014 (Secondary) – Yerby Conference Center
Join us for this interactive session as we discover how to teach informational text alongside the literature that you love! We will explore the emphasis that common core places on reading and analyzing complex non-fiction and informational text while learning to ground classic literature into real world events and issues. We will explore writing strategies needed to help students make the connections between literature and real world events more visible.
Reading and Writing: Focus on Opinion
February 12, 2014 (Elementary) – Yerby Conference Center
One thing most teachers agree on is the fact that all students have an opinion. Join us for this interactive workshop as we look at mentor texts and learn to focus opinions into to powerful pieces of writing. We will examine strategies and practical classroom applications proven to help students improve their writing.