Using the Student Printers
Printing to the UM Tupelo student printer from your personal computer is easy using the Pharos Uniprint software.
In order to print from your own computer to the campus printer, you will need to install the "Pharos" pop-up software and printer driver. The same printing charges apply whether printing remotely from your own machine, or in the one of the student labs.
To install the printer client on your computer, choose your operating system from the list below and follow the directions to complete the installation
- From the "File Download - Security Warning" window click "Run".
- If you are running Windows 7, the User Account Control box will pop up asking "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?" Click Yes to allow the install.
- On the "Package installer" window click "Install".
- Once the process is complete, click Finish. You should now be able to print your file to the printer of your choice.
- Double click the Popup.dmg file
- Double click the Popup 8.1 disk icon. This will open a finder window with Popup.pkg on your desktop.
- Double click the Popup.pkg installer. Click continue.
- In the Pharos Installation "Important Information" box click continue.
- In the "Standard Install" box click install. You may be requested to authenticate yourself as an administrator.
- Select a destination disk. You will only be able to select the startup disk.
- Click Install. The installer automatically installs Pharos Popup 8.1 for Mac OS X and the required support files.
- Once the process is complete, click Close. You should now be able to print your file to the printer of your choice.