Fall Application Deadline is
September 15, 2014!
How to Apply
- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Washington, DC: Civil War to Civil Rights
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Gay Rights
- Baltimore, MD/Washington D.C.: Biomedical Research
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Mississippi Delta: Social Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- Scottsdale, AZ: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Gulf Coast: Geological Investigations of Coastal Environments
- New Mexico: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp II
Washington, DC/Jackson, MS
Advanced Educational Policy Analysis
Credit hours: 3
Dr. Timothy Letzring, Associate Professor of Higher Education
May 13 – June 30, 2013
Course Fee: TBD
- Meet with individuals involved in setting state education policy in Jackson, MS
- Attend meetings associated with the monthly Mississippi Institutes of Higher Learning Board of Trustees
- In Washington, DC meet with leaders at influential groups like the American Council on Education, American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, Sallie Mae and more
- Visit with staffers at Congressional and Executive levels to discuss policy-making process
Students will begin with readings and classroom discussion on the Oxford campus. Students will then spend a 2-3 in Jackson followed by the trip to DC. Accommodations will be provided.
This program is for doctoral students in Higher Education who have had EDHE 665 or EDLD 675 or the equivalent at master’s level.
Students will attend class on the Oxford campus during the May intersession prior to spending 2-3 days in Jackson and time in Washington, DC.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from Jackson and Washington, DC.
Program cost is TBD. Included in the cost are tuition, housing in Washington, DC, and tours. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, meals, airfare, housing in Jackson, and personal spending money.
*Please verify specific dates with instructor before making travel arrangements