Wintersession Application Deadline is
November 5, 2014!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
Washington, DC/Jackson, MS
Advanced Educational Policy Analysis
Dr. Timothy Letzring, Associate Professor of Higher Education
May 16-23, 2012
Course Fee: $100 plus tuition
- Attend meetings associated with monthly meeting of the IHL Board of Trustees at the University of Southern Mississippi
- Discuss state policy making with education in Jackson, Mississippi
- Visit the National Center for Education Statistics and the Institute of Education Sciences
- Meet with leaders of Washington-based groups that help influence education policy, such as the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities and the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- Learn about the education policy-making process through meetings with Congressional and Executive level staffers
Students will begin with readings and classroom discussion on the Oxford campus. Students then spend a day in Jackson and a day in Hattiesburg, followed by four days in Washington, DC.
This program is for doctoral students in Higher Education who have had EDHE 665 or EDLD 675 or the equivalent at master’s level.
Students will attend class on the Oxford campus during the May intersession prior to spending a day in Jackson, a day in Hattiesburg, and three nights in Washington, DC.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from Jackson, Hattiesburg, and Washington, DC.
Program cost is $100 plus tuition. Included in the cost are tuition, housing in Washington, DC, and tours. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, meals, airfare, housing in Jackson, and personal spending money.