- Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas Resort Course
- New Orleans, LA: Media Ethics in a Changing Technological Landscape
- Miami, FL: Exotic in Miami: Biology of Invasive Species
- Washington, DC: Biomedical Ethics
- Houston, TX: Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition
- New York: International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show
How to Apply
American Labor Politics
Credit hours: 3
Dr. Marvin King, Assistant Professor of Political Science
May 13-23, 2013
Course Fee: $1895 (resident), $2095 (non-resident)
- Learn about important labor legislation, the meaning of “right to work”
- Explore the ins and out of labor unions
- Meet with labor union representatives in Washington, DC.
- Talk pro-union congressional Democrats and their business and Republican counterparts
- Get to explore the Nation’s Capital
Students will spend five days meeting on Oxford’s campus then four full days in Washington, DC. Shared hotel accommodations will be provided.
This class is for Political Science majors, but would also be appropriate for Journalism, History, and Public Policy Leadership students.
The class will meet in Oxford May 13-17. Students will travel to Washington, DC on May 19 then spend May 20-23 in Washington, DC, returning May 24.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from Washington, DC.
Program cost is TBD. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, tours, select group meals, and group ground transportation in DC. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, textbooks, airfare, airport transfers, and personal spending
*Please verify specific dates with instructor before making travel arrangements