Fall Application Deadline is
September 15, 2014!
How to Apply
- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Washington, DC: Civil War to Civil Rights
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Gay Rights
- Baltimore, MD/Washington D.C.: Biomedical Research
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Mississippi Delta: Social Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- Scottsdale, AZ: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Gulf Coast: Geological Investigations of Coastal Environments
- New Mexico: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp II
American Dietetic Association Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo
Emmy Parkes, M.S., R.D., L.D., Instructor of Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Travel dates: October 6-9, 2012
Course fee $1395
- Attend the American Dietetic Association Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Learn about new trends affecting the dietetics profession
- Attend presentations by experts from across the food and nutrition community
- See demonstrations of culinary innovations
- Have one-on-one discussions with industry researchers during poster sessions
- Network with industry professionals and students from across the country
This program is for students enrolled in the Dietetics and Nutrition undergraduate program. Students must have permission of the instructor to enroll.
The program dates are October 6-9. Students will have two pre-conference class meetings with the instructor. They will also have a post-conference meeting and will provide a presentation to the Nutrition and Hospitality Management faculty and students based upon their research topic and conference experiences.
Philadelphia International Airportand must travel with the group. The Study USA office will be arranging travel to Philadelphia.
Program cost is $1395. Included in the cost are airfare, lodging, and conference registration. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, tuition*, meals, airport transportation and spending money.
*For full-time University of Mississippi students, there will be no additional tuition fee if the total hours for which the student is registered does not exceed 19. For part-time or non-UM students, the tuition charge will be based on current tuition rates for resident or non-resident students, accordingly.