Summer Application Deadline is
April 6, 2015!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
- Mississippi/Tennessee: Road Scholars
- Clarksdale, Mississippi: Values-Based Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- Baltimore & Washington, DC: Biomedical Research
- Biloxi. Mississippi: Mississippi's Karina Stories-Ten Years Later
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- New York: Magazine Making
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Point Clear, Alabama: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Portal, Arizona: Ecology and Evolution of Sky Island Biodiversity
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Money
- More to come...
- More to come...
New York City
Theatre on Location
Andi Bedsworth, Instructor of Theatre Arts
May 10 - 25, 2010
Course Fee $1795
Download the syllabus [pdf]
- Experience Broadway, Off-Broadway and Off-Off Broadway theatre
- Tour the Museum of the City of New York’s exhibit dedicated to New York theatre
- Visit the Billy Rose Theatre Collection at the New York Public Library
- Tour the Theatre District and see the sights of Broadway
- Visit the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Learn about the business of theatre through visits with several theatre professionals
- Get a behind-the-scenes tour of a Broadway theatre venue
Students will attend class in Oxford for the first week. This course will cover terminology used in theatrical design, technology and performance. They will also learn about the history and styles of theatre in New York. Then students will travel to New York City and experience their classroom instruction first-hand.
This program is for Theatre majors and any other student interested in learning about the history, business and art of theatre, especially art, English and music majors.
Students will attend class on the Oxford campus from May 10 -18 and will spend 5 nights in New York City, from May 19-24. The group will stay at The Pod Hotel in bunk accommodations with a shared bathroom.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from New York. Students will be provided with a Metrocard for unlimited subway and bus transportation during their stay.
Program cost is $1795. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, ground transportation, museum and tour fees, and group theatre tickets. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, airfare, and personal spending money.