Summer Application Deadline is
April 6, 2015!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
- Mississippi/Tennessee: Road Scholars
- Clarksdale, Mississippi: Values-Based Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- Baltimore & Washington, DC: Biomedical Research
- Biloxi. Mississippi: Mississippi's Karina Stories-Ten Years Later
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- New York: Magazine Making
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Point Clear, Alabama: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Portal, Arizona: Ecology and Evolution of Sky Island Biodiversity
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Money
- More to come...
- More to come...
New York City
Draw! New York
ART 310 or 598
Lou Haney, Assistant Professor of Art
August 1-13, 2010
Course Fee $1995
- Learn contour and perspective drawing during pre-departure classes
- Spend mornings drawing in Central Park, Brooklyn Botanic Gardens or along the Hudson River
- Visit the art galleries of Chelsea
- Explore the extensive inventory at a New York art supply store
- Learn map making skills
- Tour some of the world’s great museums – The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, Brooklyn Museum of Art, American Museum of Natural History and P.S. 1 Contemporary Art Center
- Sketch in the New York City subway
- Explore public art and architecture of the city through drawing
Students will attend class on the Oxford campus on August 2nd, where they will learn contour and perspective drawing Then students will travel to New York City where the city will become the subject of their drawings. Once returning to the Oxford campus, students will participate in a final critique of the work created while in New York.
This program is for Art majors and any other student interested in drawing and studying art in New York City.
Students will attend class on the Oxford campus on August 2nd and will spend 9 nights in New York City, from August 3-12. They will reconvene on the Oxford campus for a final critique on August 13. While in New York, the group will stay at student housing or local hotel to be determined.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from New York. Students will be provided with a Metrocard for unlimited subway and bus transportation during their stay.
Program cost is $1995. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, ground transportation, museum and tour fees and two group dinners. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, airfare, meals other than those listed above and personal spending money.