Summer Application Deadline is
April 6, 2015!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
- Mississippi/Tennessee: Road Scholars
- Clarksdale, Mississippi: Values-Based Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- Baltimore & Washington, DC: Biomedical Research
- Biloxi. Mississippi: Mississippi's Karina Stories-Ten Years Later
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- New York: Magazine Making
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Point Clear, Alabama: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Portal, Arizona: Ecology and Evolution of Sky Island Biodiversity
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Money
- More to come...
- More to come...
New York City
Roman Art in New York
Credit hours: 3
Dr. Hilary Becker, Assistant Professor of Classics
May 13-24, 2013
Course Fee: $1995 (resident), $2195 (non-resident)
- Learn to “read” Roman art and be able to understand and assign chronology •
- Understand how Roman art was used to support the political ideals of the imperial family
- Learn about Roman coins in context • Learn about the sale of ancient art in the modern world
- See the survival of Roman style art and architecture across New York City
- Visit: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Fordham University Museum of Greek, Etruscan and Roman Art, The Cloisters Museum and Gardens, Central Park, and Christies Auction House.
Students will spend five days meeting on Oxford’s campus then five days in New York City. Shared hotel accommodations will be provided.
This class is for Classics, Art, History and Anthropology students or any student interested in Roman art and culture.
The class will meet in Oxford May 13-17 for pre-departure meetings. Students will then explore New York May 19-24.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from New York City. Shared accommodations will be provided.
Program cost is TBD. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, tours, select group meals, and group ground transportation in New York. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, textbooks, airfare, airport transfers, and personal spending money.
*Please verify specific dates with instructor before making travel arrangements