Wintersession Application Deadline is
November 5, 2014!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show
Dr. Tanya Ruetzler, Assistant Professor of Nutrition and Hospitality Management
November 8-12, 2013
Course fee: $975 plus tuition
Application deadline: September 13
- Attend the International Hotel and Lodging Association Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City
- Visit exhibitor booths and attend educational seminars
- Meet with industry leaders
- Network with hospitality students from all over the country
- Visit a variety of successful New York hotel and food and beverage operations
Students will spend four nights in New York City. Accommodations are provided at the one of the conference hotels to be determined.
This program is for Hospitality Management students or other students interested in the hospitality industry with junior or senior standing and permission of the instructor.
The program dates are November 8-12, 2013*. Students will also meet the last week of October to prepare for the trip.
Students will travel to New York City on Delta Airlines and must travel with the group. Group ground transportation to and from LaGuardia Airport will be provided.
Program cost is $975 plus tuition. Included in the cost are airfare, lodging, conference registration, group transportation to/from LaGuardia Airport, a Metrocard, and two group dinners. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, tuition**, meals other than group dinners, transportation to/from the Memphis airport and spending money.
*Please verify specific dates with instructor before making travel arrangements
**For full-time University of Mississippi students, there will be no additional tuition fee if the total hours for which the student is registered does not exceed 19. For part-time or non-UM students, the tuition charge will be based on current tuition rates for resident or non-resident students, accordingly.