Fall Application Deadline is
September 15, 2014!
How to Apply
- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Washington, DC: Civil War to Civil Rights
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Gay Rights
- Baltimore, MD/Washington D.C.: Biomedical Research
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Mississippi Delta: Social Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- Scottsdale, AZ: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Gulf Coast: Geological Investigations of Coastal Environments
- New Mexico: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp II
History of Mass Media
Credit hours: 3
Dr. Mark Dolan and Dr. Nancy Dupont, Associate Professors of Journalism
May 13-24, 2013
Course Fee: $1995 (resident), $2195 (non-resident)
- Experience communication history in New York City, where most journalism innovations began
- Experience digital history techniques
- See journalism history display in exhibits and museums in the city, including tours of NBC, ABC, and major newspapers
- Use multimedia, social media and your smart phone to document class activity in the Big Apple to present a slideshow of original documents
Students will spend time on Oxford’s campus before heading to New York City.
This program is for journalism students. History and English students may also be interested. Students must have a digital camera with video capabilities.
A pre-departure orientation will take place on the Oxford campus. Students will be in New York from May 15-21.
Students will make individual travel arrangements to and from New York City.
Program cost is $1995 for resident student ad $2195 for non-residents. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, tours, select group meals, and group ground transportation in Asheville. The Study USA application fee, airfare, meals other than those noted above and personal spending money are excluded from the course fee.
*Please verify specific dates with instructor before making travel arrangements