- Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas Resort Course
- New Orleans, LA: Media Ethics in a Changing Technological Landscape
- Miami, FL: Exotic in Miami: Biology of Invasive Species
- Washington, DC: Biomedical Ethics
- Houston, TX: Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition
- New York: International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show
How to Apply
Special Topics in Criminal Justice
Janice Bounds, Associate Professor of Legal Studies
January 5-21, 2009
Course fee $1625
- Tour agencies and receive briefings from the FBI, DEA, FEMA, the County Sheriff’s Department, City Police Department, and adult correctional centers.
- Learn about the historical, political, and social factors in the New Orleans area that influence legal institutions and systems of justice.
- Compare the laws, police procedures, emergency management procedures, court practices, and correctional processes of the region
- Develop an understanding of the challenges that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita presented to local, state, and federal agencies.
Students will spend six nights in New Orleans, Louisiana. Accommodations will be provided at a conveniently located hotel near the French Quarter.
Students interested in a better understanding of the criminal justice system and the various factors that influence it.
The program dates are January 5-21, 2008. Students will attend class on the Ole Miss campus before and after the travel portion of the course. Travel to New Orleans is January 11 – 17.
Students will travel to New Orleans as a group by van.
Program cost is $1625. Included in the cost are transportation, lodging, and group tours. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, tuition, meals, and personal spending money.
Study USA programs are short-term domestic travel classes typically offered during intersession terms. Students submit an application to the Study USA office, and once approved, will be enrolled in the program of their choice. Apply early – enrollment is limited.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at email@example.com or (662) 915 6511.