Application Deadline is
April 10, 2014!
How to Apply
- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Washington, DC: Civil War to Civil Rights
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Gay Rights
- Baltimore, MD/Washington D.C.: Biomedical Research
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Mississippi Delta: Social Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- Scottsdale, AZ: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Gulf Coast: Geological Investigations of Coastal Environments
- New Mexico: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp II
Exotic in Miami: Biology of Invasive Species
Dr. Brice Noonan, Assistant Professor of Biology
January 6 – 17, 2014
Course Fee $1795 (resident)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 1, 2013!
- Observe and investigate the devastating effects of invasive species in South Florida
- Quantify the effects of exotics on native ecological equivalents through fieldwork in the Everglades and Miami
- Participate in and study methods of monitoring and mitigating colonization by invasives
Students will begin on the Oxford campus with lectures, and will then spend seven days in South Florida, home to more exotic species than any other area in the continental United States. Shared accommodations provided at the Ocean Surf Hotel (or similar).
This course is for biology students and students seeking a minor in environmental studies. Students must have completed BISC 160/161 and BISC 162/163.
Students will attend on-campus lectures prior to study in Miami from January 11-17, 2014. Students will spend 6 nights in the Miami area.
Students will make their own arrangements to and from Miami. Group ground transportation will be provided via van while on site.
Program cost is $1795 for resident undergraduate students and $1995 for non-resident undergraduate students. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, group ground transportation, one group dinner, site admission fees, and tour fees. Study USA application fee, airfare, and personal spending money are excluded from the course fee.
* Itinerary subject to change