Application Deadline is
April 10, 2014!
How to Apply
- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Washington, DC: Civil War to Civil Rights
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Gay Rights
- Baltimore, MD/Washington D.C.: Biomedical Research
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Mississippi Delta: Social Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- Scottsdale, AZ: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Gulf Coast: Geological Investigations of Coastal Environments
- New Mexico: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp II
Exotic in Miami: Biology of Invasive Species
Dr. Brice Noonan, Assistant Professor of Biology
January 2 – 15, 2013
Course Fee: $1795 (resident), $1995 (non-resident)
- Observe and investigate the effects of exotic species in South Florida
- Quantify the effects of exotics on native ecological equivalents through fieldwork in the Everglades and Miami
- Participate in and study methods of monitoring and mitigating colonization by invasives
Students will begin on the Oxford campus with lectures, and will then spend seven days in South Florida, home to more exotic species than any other area in the continental United States. Shared accommodations will be available nearby.
This course is for biology students and students seeking a minor in environmental studies. Students must have completed BISC 160/161 and BISC 162/163.
Students will attend on-campus lectures January 2-5. Field exploration and experimentation in South Florida will take place from January 8-13.
Students will make their own arrangements to and from Miami. Group ground transportation will be provided via van while on site. Shared accommodations will be available nearby.
Program cost is $1795 for resident and $1995 for non-resident students. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, tours, park admission, one group meal, and group ground transportation in Florida. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, textbooks, airfare, airport transfers, and personal spending money.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 915 6511.