- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Chicago, IL: Chicago and the NRA Restaurant Show
- Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC: Individual Research in Biochemistry
- New York, NY: Media History
- New York, NY: Roman Art in New York
- St. Louis, MO: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association
- Washington, DC: American Labor Politics
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Washington, DC: Advanced Education Policy Analysis
- Houston, TX: Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition
- New York: International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show
How to Apply
Exotic in Miami: Biology of Invasive Species
Dr. Brice Noonan, Assistant Professor of Biology
January 2 – 13, 2012
Course Fee: $1595 (resident), $1795 (non-resident)
- Observe and investigate the effects of exotic species in South Florida
- Quantify the effects of exotics on native ecological equivalents through fieldwork in the Everglades and Miami area
- Participate in and study methods of monitoring and mitigating colonization by invasives
Students will begin on the Oxford campus, and will then spend 7 days in South Florida, home to more exotic species than any other area in the continental United States. Shared dormitory-style housing will be provided by South Beach Hostel, just south of downtown Miami.
This course is for biology students and students seeking a minor in environmental studies. Students must have completed BISC 322 and/or obtain permission of the instructor.
Students will attend on-campus lectures January 2-6. Field exploration and experimentation in South Florida will take place from January 7-13.
Students will make their own arrangements to and from Miami. Group ground transportation will be provided via van while on site.
Program cost is $1595 for resident undergraduate students and $1795 for non-resident undergraduate students. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, group ground transportation, one group dinner, site admission fees and tour fees. Study USA application fee, airfare, and personal spending money are excluded from the course fee.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at email@example.com or (662) 915 6511.