Fall Application Deadline is
September 15, 2014!
How to Apply
- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Washington, DC: Civil War to Civil Rights
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Gay Rights
- Baltimore, MD/Washington D.C.: Biomedical Research
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Mississippi Delta: Social Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- Scottsdale, AZ: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Gulf Coast: Geological Investigations of Coastal Environments
- New Mexico: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp II
Launch Your Own Technology-based Business
Dr. Brian Reithel, Professor of Management Information Systems
January 4 – 15, 2010
Course Fee $450
- Explore issues involved in launching a technology-based business
- Discuss general themes in entrepreneurship and challenges specific to the technology arena
- Learn key concepts in developing a compelling business plan
- Attend informational seminars and visit the exhibits at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Network with professionals in the industry and learn about new trends, innovations and emerging technology
Instruction takes place both on the campus of the University of Mississippi and at the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. In Las Vegas, accommodations will be provided at the Flamingo Las Vegas for three nights.
This course is for business majors and other students who are interested in entrepreneurship and emerging technologies.
Students will attend on-campus lectures January 4-6. After the Consumer Electronic Show from January 7-10, the students will return to the Oxford campus to complete the classroom instruction and coursework.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from Las Vegas. Ground transportation in Las Vegas is available via the Las Vegas Monorail and a free hotel shuttle that runs to all Harrah’s properties.
The course fee is $450. Included in the cost are housing and conference registration fees. Study USA application fee, tuition, airfare, and personal spending money are excluded from the course fee.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 915 6511.