Wintersession Application Deadline is
November 5, 2014!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
- Baltimore & Washington, DC: Biomedical Research
- Biloxi. Mississippi: Mississippi's Karina Stories-Ten Years Later
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- New York: Magazine Making
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Point Clear, Alabama: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Portal, Arizona: Ecology and Evolution of Sky Island Biodiversity
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Money
- More to come...
- Mississippi/Tennessee: Road Scholars
- Clarksdale, Mississippi: Values-Based Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- More to come...
Las Vegas Hotel Course
Dr. Jim Taylor, Assistant Professor of Hospitality Management
January 14 – 19, 2012
Course Fee: $1795 (resident), $1995 (non-resident)
- Visit hotel-casinos in Las Vegas and tour the facilities including restaurants, guestrooms, meeting facilities, nightclubs, event centers, and stages.
- Meet with industry leaders so you can develop an understanding of hotel operations.
- Develop an understanding of how hotel operations interact with other tourism segments in a tourism and convention destination city.
- Tour and compare several casino operations including The Venetian and the Wynn.
Students will spend 5 nights in Las Vegas, Nevada. Accommodations will be provided at Bally’s Las Vegas conveniently located on the Strip.
This program is for hospitality management students or others interested in the hotel industry. Participants must be 21 or older due to the entry requirements for a majority of the required site visits.
The program dates are January 14 – 19, 2012.
Students will fly on their own to Las Vegas and rendezvous with the group at the hotel at a designated time.
Program cost is $1795 for resident students and $1995 for non-resident students. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, four group dinners, tours, and group ground transportation. The program price does not include the Study USA application fee, airfare, meals other than group dinners, and personal spending money.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at email@example.com or (662) 915 6511.