- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Chicago, IL: Chicago and the NRA Restaurant Show
- Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC: Individual Research in Biochemistry
- New York, NY: Media History
- New York, NY: Roman Art in New York
- St. Louis, MO: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association
- Washington, DC: American Labor Politics
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Washington, DC: Advanced Education Policy Analysis
- Houston, TX: Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition
- New York: International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show
How to Apply
Las Vegas Hotel Course
Dr. Jim Taylor, Assistant Professor of Hospitality Management
January 14 – 19, 2012
Course Fee: $1795 (resident), $1995 (non-resident)
- Visit hotel-casinos in Las Vegas and tour the facilities including restaurants, guestrooms, meeting facilities, nightclubs, event centers, and stages.
- Meet with industry leaders so you can develop an understanding of hotel operations.
- Develop an understanding of how hotel operations interact with other tourism segments in a tourism and convention destination city.
- Tour and compare several casino operations including The Venetian and the Wynn.
Students will spend 5 nights in Las Vegas, Nevada. Accommodations will be provided at Bally’s Las Vegas conveniently located on the Strip.
This program is for hospitality management students or others interested in the hotel industry. Participants must be 21 or older due to the entry requirements for a majority of the required site visits.
The program dates are January 14 – 19, 2012.
Students will fly on their own to Las Vegas and rendezvous with the group at the hotel at a designated time.
Program cost is $1795 for resident students and $1995 for non-resident students. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, four group dinners, tours, and group ground transportation. The program price does not include the Study USA application fee, airfare, meals other than group dinners, and personal spending money.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 915 6511.