- Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas Resort Course
- New Orleans, LA: Media Ethics in a Changing Technological Landscape
- Miami, FL: Exotic in Miami: Biology of Invasive Species
- Washington, DC: Biomedical Ethics
- Houston, TX: Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition
- New York: International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show
How to Apply
Las Vegas Resort Course
Dr. Jim Taylor, Associate Professor of Hospitality Management
December 5-6, 2013; January 12-18, 2014
Course Fee $1795 (resident)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 1, 2013!
- Visit hotel-casinos in Las Vegas and tour the facilities including restaurants, guestrooms, meeting facilities, nightclubs, event centers, and stages
- Meet with industry leaders so you can develop an understanding of hotel operations
- Develop an understanding of how hotel operations interact with other tourism segments in a tourism and convention destination city
- Tour and compare several casino operations including The Venetian and Bellagio
Students will spend six nights in Las Vegas, Nevada. Accommodations will be provided at the Planet Hollywood Resort conveniently located on the Strip.
This program is for hospitality management students or others interested in the hotel industry. Participants must be 21 or older due to the entry requirements for a majority of the required site visits.
Students will meet on campus December 5-6, 2013. Travel to Las Vegas will be from January 12-18.
Students will fly on their own to Las Vegas and rendezvous with the group at the hotel at a designated time.
Program cost is $1795 for resident students and $1995 for non-resident students. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, four group dinners, tours, and group ground transportation. The program price does not include the Study USA application fee, airfare, meals other than group dinners and personal spending money.
* Itinerary subject to change