Wintersession Application Deadline is
November 5, 2014!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
Collegiate Sport and Recreation Management
Prof. Ronald J. Rychlak
January 2 – 14, 2012
Course Fee: $1695 (resident), $1895 (non-resident)
This course will offer students a look at the diverse, expanding field of collegiate sport management.
- Learn about Ole Miss athletics with guest lectures by representatives of the Athletic Director’s office, the Athletic Compliance office, the Academic Support unit, and marketing
- Attend the NCAA Annual Meeting in Indianapolis
- Learn about sports marketing, media, public relations, finance, human resource management, ticketing, NCAA regulation, compliance issues, and student well-being
- Visit the NCAA Headquarters Hall of Champions and learn about the accomplishments of college athletics
- Tour the National Art Museum of Sport on the campus of Indiana University-Purdue University and see the largest collection of art about sports in the world
Students will spend the first week of Wintersession in Oxford and the second week in Indianapolis. Students will stay in shared accommodations in an area hotel.
This course is for students of parks and recreation management, exercises science, business, and higher education.
Students will have class on the Oxford campus from January 2-6. Students will spend January 9-14 in Indianapolis for the NCAA Annual Conference.
Students will make their own arrangements to and from Indianapolis. Group ground transportation will be provided.
Program cost is $1695 for resident undergraduate students and $1895 for non-resident undergraduate students. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, group ground transportation, one group dinner, site admission fees and tour fees. Study USA application fee, airfare, and personal spending money are excluded from the course fee.