Wintersession Application Deadline is
November 5, 2014!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
- Baltimore & Washington, DC: Biomedical Research
- Biloxi. Mississippi: Mississippi's Karina Stories-Ten Years Later
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- New York: Magazine Making
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Point Clear, Alabama: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Portal, Arizona: Ecology and Evolution of Sky Island Biodiversity
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Money
- More to come...
- Mississippi/Tennessee: Road Scholars
- Clarksdale, Mississippi: Values-Based Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- More to come...
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo
Credit hours: 3
Emmy Parkes, Instructor of Nutrition and Hospitality Management
October 19-21, 2013
Course fee: $700 plus tuition, Undergraduate and Graduate
Application deadline: September 5
- Attend the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo in Houston, Texas
- Learn about new trends affecting the dietetics profession
- Attend presentations by experts from across the food and nutrition community
- See demonstrations of culinary innovations
- Have one-on-one discussions with industry researchers during poster sessions
- Network with industry professionals and students from across the country
Students will meet twice on the Oxford campus then spend three nights in Houston. Accommodations will be provided at a conference hotel to be determined.
This program is for students enrolled in the Dietetics and Nutrition undergraduate program or the Nutrition and Food Services graduate program. Students must have permission of the instructor to enroll.
The program dates are September 30 or October 2 on campus and October 19-21 in Houston. Students provide a presentation to the Nutrition and Hospitality Management faculty and students based upon their research topic and conference experiences.
Students will travel as a group to Houston. Airport transfers in Houston will be provided.
Program cost is $700 plus tuition.* Included in the cost are airfare, lodging, and conference registration. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, meals, and spending money.
*For full-time University of Mississippi students, there will be no additional tuition fee if the total hours for which the student is registered does not exceed 19. For part-time or non-UM students, the tuition charge will be based on current tuition rates for resident or non-resident students, accordingly.