Fall Application Deadline is
September 25, 2014!
How to Apply
- Las Vegas...more info coming soon
- New Orleans...more info coming soon
- Washington, DC...more info coming soon
St. Petersburg, Florida
Special Topics in Art: Ceramics
ART 398 or 598
Matt Long, Assistant Professor of Art
January 5 – 20, 2009
Course fee $725
- Learn traditional Japanese-style Anagama firing of ceramics at the St. Petersburg Clay Company
- Visit private ceramics collections of Beth Manning, Stan and Valerie Cowen, and Katherine Howd
- Visit the Dali Museum and the Museum of Natural History
Students will spend two weeks in St. Petersburg, Florida. Accommodations will be provided in a private home in the area.
This program is for art students or experienced ceramicists. Approval of the instructor is required to participate.
The program dates are January 5 – 19, 2009. Students must have bisque-fired ceramics ready for transport on January 5.
Students will travel to St. Petersburg in private vehicles, shared rides with fuel costs covered in your program fee.
Program cost is $725. Included in the cost are kiln materials, fuel for travel, lodging, and museum admissions. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, tuition, meals, pre-departure ceramic supply costs, and personal spending money.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 915 6511.