Summer Application Deadline is
April 6, 2015!
How to Apply
- Arizona: Ecology and Evolution of Sky Island Biodiversity
- Baltimore and Washington, DC: Biomedical Research
- Biloxi, Mississippi: Mississippi's Katrina Stories - 10 Years Later
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- New York: Magazine Making
- Point Clear, Alabama: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Money
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1 - Section 1
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1 - Section 2
- Chicago: Studio Art on Location
- Gulf Coast: Geological Investigations of Coastal Environments
- Ohio and Mississippi: Freedom Summer – 50 Years Later
- Santa Fe: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 2
St. Petersburg, Florida
Special Topics in Art: Ceramics
ART 398 or 598
Matt Long, Assistant Professor of Art
January 5 – 20, 2009
Course fee $725
- Learn traditional Japanese-style Anagama firing of ceramics at the St. Petersburg Clay Company
- Visit private ceramics collections of Beth Manning, Stan and Valerie Cowen, and Katherine Howd
- Visit the Dali Museum and the Museum of Natural History
Students will spend two weeks in St. Petersburg, Florida. Accommodations will be provided in a private home in the area.
This program is for art students or experienced ceramicists. Approval of the instructor is required to participate.
The program dates are January 5 – 19, 2009. Students must have bisque-fired ceramics ready for transport on January 5.
Students will travel to St. Petersburg in private vehicles, shared rides with fuel costs covered in your program fee.
Program cost is $725. Included in the cost are kiln materials, fuel for travel, lodging, and museum admissions. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, tuition, meals, pre-departure ceramic supply costs, and personal spending money.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at email@example.com or (662) 915 6511.