- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Chicago, IL: Chicago and the NRA Restaurant Show
- Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC: Individual Research in Biochemistry
- New York, NY: Media History
- New York, NY: Roman Art in New York
- St. Louis, MO: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association
- Washington, DC: American Labor Politics
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Washington, DC: Advanced Education Policy Analysis
- Houston, TX: Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition
- New York: International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show
How to Apply
St. Petersburg, Florida
Special Topics in Art: Ceramics
ART 398 or 598
Matt Long, Assistant Professor of Art
January 5 – 20, 2009
Course fee $725
- Learn traditional Japanese-style Anagama firing of ceramics at the St. Petersburg Clay Company
- Visit private ceramics collections of Beth Manning, Stan and Valerie Cowen, and Katherine Howd
- Visit the Dali Museum and the Museum of Natural History
Students will spend two weeks in St. Petersburg, Florida. Accommodations will be provided in a private home in the area.
This program is for art students or experienced ceramicists. Approval of the instructor is required to participate.
The program dates are January 5 – 19, 2009. Students must have bisque-fired ceramics ready for transport on January 5.
Students will travel to St. Petersburg in private vehicles, shared rides with fuel costs covered in your program fee.
Program cost is $725. Included in the cost are kiln materials, fuel for travel, lodging, and museum admissions. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, tuition, meals, pre-departure ceramic supply costs, and personal spending money.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 915 6511.