Fall Application Deadline is
September 25, 2014!
How to Apply
- Las Vegas...more info coming soon
- New Orleans...more info coming soon
- Washington, DC...more info coming soon
American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting
Dr. Martha Bass, Assistant Professor, Health, Exercise Science and Recreation
May 31-June 4, 2011
Course Fee $1695 (resident), $1895 (non-resident)
- Attend the American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting
- Network with professionals in the fields of nutrition and exercise science
- Learn about new trends in the profession
- Participate in discussions with researchers during poster sessions
- As a capstone event, present to UM faculty and students based on your research topic and learning experiences from attending the ACSM Meeting
Students will have two pre-conference meetings to prepare for the conference and receive course materials and assignments. Two meetings after the conference will allow students to complete assignments and provide presentations to faculty and fellow students. Students will spend four nights in Denver. In and around Denver, students can visit the Denver Art Museum, the 16th Street Mall, and Rocky Mountain National Park.
This program is for Nutrition or Exercise Science majors.
Students will meet on The University of Mississippi campus two times prior to departure, dates to be announced. Students will meet in Denver on May 31 and depart on June 4. There will be two post-conference meetings to complete assignments and prepare for presentation to faculty and students
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from Denver. Students will stay at an area hotel in shared accommodations.
Program cost is $1695 (resident) and $1895 (non-resident). Included in the cost are tuition, housing, and conference registration fees. The Study USA application fee, airfare, meals, and personal spending money are excluded from the cost.