Fall Application Deadline is
September 25, 2014!
How to Apply
- Las Vegas...more info coming soon
- New Orleans...more info coming soon
- Washington, DC...more info coming soon
National Restaurant Association Show
Credit hours: 3
Dr. Jim Taylor, Associate Professor of Nutrition and Hospitality Management
May 16-22, 2013
Course Fee: $1895 (resident), $2095 (non-resident)
- Visit exhibitors at the National Restaurant Association Show and discover ground-breaking trends in the restaurant industry
- Tour and dine at a variety of Chicago’s most popular restaurants
- Learn about the many aspects of restaurant operations and factors that influence restaurant conceptualization including menu design, restaurant décor, advances in technology, and food and beverage trends
- Select from more than 60 educational sessions at the NRA Show on topics such as the kitchen innovations, marketing for restaurateurs, healthy menus, responsible alcohol service and the food truck trend
- Network with industry leaders and establish professional contacts in the hospitality and restaurant business
Students will spend seven days/six nights in Chicago attending the National Restaurant Association Show. Students can explore the city during free time visiting notable Chicago sites – The Art Institute of Chicago, The Field Museum, Chicago Architecture Foundation, Millennium Park, Adler Planetarium and The Magnificent Mile.
This program is for Hospitality Management students and others interested restaurants, design, marketing and tourism.
The program dates are May 16-22, 2013.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from Chicago.
Program cost is $1895 for resident students and $2095 for non-resident students. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, tours, select group meals, and conference registration fees. Excluded from the cost is the Study USA application fee, airfare, and personal spending money.
*Please verify specific dates with instructor before making travel arrangements