Summer Application Deadline is
April 6, 2015!
How to Apply
- Arizona: Ecology and Evolution of Sky Island Biodiversity
- Baltimore and Washington, DC: Biomedical Research
- Biloxi, Mississippi: Mississippi's Katrina Stories - 10 Years Later
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- New York: Magazine Making
- Point Clear, Alabama: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Money
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1 - Section 1
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1 - Section 2
- Virginia: Archaeology Field School
- Chicago: Studio Art on Location
- Gulf Coast: Geological Investigations of Coastal Environments
- Ohio and Mississippi: Freedom Summer – 50 Years Later
- Santa Fe: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 2
Carson Mounds Archaeological Fieldschool
Dr. Jay Johnson, Professor of Anthropology
June 27-July 26, 2013
Course Fee: $1895 (undergraduate), $2495 (graduate)
- Learn basic methods of mapping and excavation at one of the largest prehistoric ceremonial centers in the Mississippi alluvial valley
- Conduct lab processing of artifacts
- Explore advanced archaeological techniques including specialized laboratory analyses, GIS, and remote sensing using magnetometry and ground penetrating radar (GPR)
- Optional weekend field trips to other major mound sites in the region
Students will spend four weeks in the Mississippi Delta. Lodging is TBD. Carson Mounds is near Clarksdale, Mississippi, the “birthplace of the Blues.”
Undergraduate or graduate students from The University of Mississippi or other institutions who are interested in learning about archaeology. No prior archaeological experience is necessary.
The program dates are June 27-July 26, 2013.
Students are responsible for their transportation to Clarksdale, Mississippi. Accommodations will be provided at a field house outside of Clarksdale. Daily transportation to and from the site will be provided via van.
Program cost for undergraduates is $1895 and $2495 for graduates. Included in the cost are tuition, housing and supplies for the field school. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, meals, transportation to Clarksdale, Mississippi and personal spending money.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 915 6511.