- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Chicago, IL: Chicago and the NRA Restaurant Show
- Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC: Individual Research in Biochemistry
- New York, NY: Media History
- New York, NY: Roman Art in New York
- St. Louis, MO: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association
- Washington, DC: American Labor Politics
- Alaska: Studies in the Far North: Culture and Science in Alaska
- Washington, DC: Advanced Education Policy Analysis
- Houston, TX: Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition
- New York: International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show
How to Apply
Carson Mounds Archaeological Fieldschool
Dr. Jay Johnson, Professor of Anthropology
June 27-July 26, 2013
Course Fee: $1895 (undergraduate), $2495 (graduate)
- Learn basic methods of mapping and excavation at one of the largest prehistoric ceremonial centers in the Mississippi alluvial valley
- Conduct lab processing of artifacts
- Explore advanced archaeological techniques including specialized laboratory analyses, GIS, and remote sensing using magnetometry and ground penetrating radar (GPR)
- Optional weekend field trips to other major mound sites in the region
Students will spend four weeks in the Mississippi Delta. Lodging is TBD. Carson Mounds is near Clarksdale, Mississippi, the “birthplace of the Blues.”
Undergraduate or graduate students from The University of Mississippi or other institutions who are interested in learning about archaeology. No prior archaeological experience is necessary.
The program dates are June 27-July 26, 2013.
Students are responsible for their transportation to Clarksdale, Mississippi. Accommodations will be provided at a field house outside of Clarksdale. Daily transportation to and from the site will be provided via van.
Program cost for undergraduates is $1895 and $2495 for graduates. Included in the cost are tuition, housing and supplies for the field school. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, meals, transportation to Clarksdale, Mississippi and personal spending money.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at email@example.com or (662) 915 6511.