Application Deadline is
April 10, 2014!
- Asheville, NC: The Biltmore Estate
- Washington, DC: Civil War to Civil Rights
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Gay Rights
- Baltimore, MD/Washington D.C.: Biomedical Research
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- Clarksdale, MS: Carson Mounds Bioarchaeological Field School
- Gulf Coast: Geological Investigations of Coastal Environments
- New Mexico: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp II
How to Apply
Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona
Border & Intelligence Operations
Dr. Mike Wigginton and Dr. Carl Jensen
May 14-24, 2012
Course Fees $1895 undergraduate, $2195 graduate (resident)
$1995 undergraduate, $2295 graduate (non-resident)
- Study border and intelligence operations along the United States’ southwest border in conjunction with the Southwest Border Sheriff’s Coalition
- Observe day-to-day operations of the law enforcement and intelligence community along the border
- Explore the operations of U.S. Homeland Security at the Port of Entry
- Attend lectures by border and intelligence experts at the federal, state, and local levels
- Visit the El Paso Intelligence Center and tour the facilities
- Learn about policing the border from a municipal point of view during a visit to the Douglas Arizona Police Department
Students will have an on-campus orientation on a date TBD. Students will meet in El Paso, Texas on May 14 and will travel via van to the various program sites, eventually departing from Tucson, Arizona on May 24.
This course is for criminal justice undergraduate and graduate students. Students must have a government-issued photo ID.
Students will meet in El Paso, Texas on May 14 and will travel via van to the various program sites, eventually departing from Tucson, Arizona on May 24.
Students will make their own arrangements to El Paso and from Tucson. Group ground transportation will be provided for site visits in the area and between cities.
Program cost is $1895 for resident undergraduate students and $1995 for non-resident undergraduate students. For graduate students, the cost is $2195 and $2295 for resident and non-resident students, respectively. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, group ground transportation, one group dinner, site admission fees and tour fees. Study USA application fee, airfare, and personal spending money are excluded from the course fee.
For more information about specific programs or the application process, contact Laura Antonow, Program Director for Study USA at email@example.com or (662) 915 6511.