Wintersession Application Deadline is
November 5, 2014!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
- Baltimore & Washington, DC: Biomedical Research
- Biloxi. Mississippi: Mississippi's Karina Stories-Ten Years Later
- Chicago: National Restaurant Association Show
- New York: Magazine Making
- Oklahoma: Geological Engineering Design Field Camp 1
- Point Clear, Alabama: College and Professional Sports Dietitian Association’s Annual Conference
- Portal, Arizona: Ecology and Evolution of Sky Island Biodiversity
- Washington, DC: The Politics of Money
- More to come...
- Mississippi/Tennessee: Road Scholars
- Clarksdale, Mississippi: Values-Based Entrepreneurship in Mississippi
- More to come...
American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting
Dr. Melinda Valliant, Assistant Professor, Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Dr. Martha Bass, Assistant Professor, Health, Exercise Science and Recreation
June 1-5 and 24, 2010
Course Fee $1695
- Attend the American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting
- Network with professionals in the fields of nutrition and exercise science
- Learn about new trends in the profession
- Participate in discussions with researchers during poster sessions
- As a capstone event, present to UM faculty and students based on your research topic and learning experiences from attending the ACSM Meeting
Students will have two pre-conference meetings to prepare for the conference and receive course materials and assignments. Two meetings after the conference will allow students to complete assignments and provide presentations to faculty and fellow students. Students will spend five days/four nights in Baltimore at the American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. Students can visit the attractions of the Inner Harbor, a waterfront area surrounded by historic neighborhoods in Baltimore. Baltimore is also the home to the Babe Ruth Museum, the American Visionary Art Museum and the Baltimore Orioles.
This program is for Nutrition or Exercise Science majors.
Students will meet on the University of Mississippi campus two time prior to departure, dates to be announced. Students will meet in Baltimore on June 1 and depart on June 4. Post-conference class meeting times will be announced.
Students will make their own travel arrangements to and from Baltimore. Students will stay at an area hotel in shared accommodations.
Program cost is $1695. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, and conference registration fees. Excluded from the cost are the Study USA application fee, airfare, meals, and personal spending money.