Wintersession Application Deadline is
November 5, 2014!
How to Apply
- Washington, DC: Environmental Ethics
- San Francisco: Studio Art on Location
- Las Vegas: Resort Course
- New Orleans: Media Ethics
The Biltmore Estate
Credit hours: 3
Candis Couch Varnell, instructor in Hospitality Management
May 13-25, 2013
Course Fee: $2595
- Learn about the history of Biltmore Estate, historic home of the Vanderbilt family and architectural masterpiece of celebrated architect Richard Morris Hunt
- Learn about operations of goods and services in the global hospitality industry
- Guided visit of the Biltmore House and self-guided tour of the Biltmore Gardens
- Behind-the-scenes tour of operations of this historic site & round table discussions with corporate leaders at Biltmore
Students will spend five nights at Four Points by Sheraton in downtown Asheville.
This program is for Hospitality Management students and others interested restaurants, design, marketing, and the tourism industry.
The program dates are May 13 on the Oxford campus and May 18-23 near Asheville, North Carolina.
Students will make individual travel arrangements to Asheville, North Carolina. Once at the site, group ground transportation via van will be provided.
Program cost is $2595. Included in the cost are tuition, housing, tours, selected group meals, and group ground transportation in Asheville. The Study USA application fee, airfare, meals other than those noted above and personal spending money are excluded from the course fee.