Application and Admissions Process
Our application, registration, and enrollment processes involve several important steps, detailed below. It is imperative that you carefully review all steps to ensure that you fully complete the process. Please contact our office with any questions.
For Domestic Students
Application Process Steps 1 - 2
STEP ONE: Online Application.
- Complete the online SCHS application and pay the $50 US application fee (unless using the NACAC Admissions Fee Waiver - see below).
STEP TWO: Required Application Documents. Mail in the following official documents:
- Official high school transcript (including Fall courses).
- Spring course schedule.
- School Approval Form
- ACT/SAT scores (if applicable). ACT/SAT scholarships will be automatically applied if accepted into the program.
- Pre-College Financial Aid Application, if the student intends to apply for need based or first-generation financial aid.
- NACAC Admissions Fee Waiver (if applicable), for qualifying students, completed by school counselor.
- Writing sample (1,000 words minimum - any subject area) graded by instructor or professor.
Registration and Enrollment Process Steps 3 - 5
Once the necessary documentation is received, the undergraduate application will be submitted to the University of Mississippi’s Office of Admission. Summer College requires all students to be admitted into the University as a non-degree seeking, undeclared, undergraduate high school student. This part of the process may take several weeks to be completed. Once a student is accepted into the University, acceptance to Summer College is granted. Registration and enrollment will begin only after admission to the University and to Summer College.
STEP THREE: Acceptance and Registration.
- Receive acceptance from the Summer College and return completed and signed Cost Estimate Sheet (received after acceptance) This form will include a detailed accounting of the costs that the student and parents will be responsible for, while taking into account any scholarships or financial aid.
- Pay the $100 US Program Registration Fee.
STEP FOUR: Supplemental Documents.
- Complete and sign all pages as necessary (parent and student), and return the Supplemental Document Packet to our office at the address detailed below. This packet will be emailed.
STEP FIVE: Enrollment.
- Once all supplemental forms are submitted, course enrollment information will be sent. All supplemental documents are required within 30 days of the program start date.
IMPORTANT: You will not be enrolled in classes or assigned housing until all supplemental documents are completed, signed, and received by our office
For International Students
STEP ONE: Online Application.
- Complete the online SCHS application and pay the $100 US application fee.
STEP TWO: Supplemental Application Documents.
Receive supplemental application package via email. Mail or email the following documents
- Official high school transcript translated into English (include grades 9th until current classes)
- Spring course schedule
- Copy of passport’s biological page
- Copy of a bank statement, or any other proof of financial support
- Copy of English Proficiency score / Language proficiency form
- Copy of vaccination card showing 2 MMR shots
STEP THREE: Admission.
- After receiving the complete application package and supplemental documentation, the application will be submitted to the University of Mississippi’s Office of International Programs for admission.
- Once the student is admitted to the University as a non-degree seeking, undergraduate high school student, an I-20 form is issued.
- The I-20 form, admission letter and other immigration documentation is mail to the applicant’s home country.
STEP FOUR: Registration and Enrollment.
- Once the student is granted a student visa, and the program has been paid in full, enrollment to courses is granted.