Summer College for High School Students
For Admitted Students
Getting to the University of Mississippi
The University of Mississippi is located in the city of Oxford, northern part of the State of Mississippi. It is situated about 75 miles southeast of Memphis, Tennessee.
The closest major airport is Memphis International Airport. The most common way of transportation to Oxford is by car or taxi.
All students must make their own arrangements to arrive and depart from campus. We offer shuttles to participants of any Pre-College Program at a cost of 25 dollars each way to and from Memphis International Airport the day before or the morning of the official move-in date.
If a shuttle is required, please complete the request form at least 5 days prior to arrival. Please note that for safety reasons, we do not schedule shuttles for flights arriving or departing after 10:00 pm or before 8:00 am. We strongly suggest you plan your flight around our shuttle schedules.
All students utilizing the shuttle service will meet at Baggage Claim B at the Memphis International Airport. You will receive a confirmation email with the pick-up time arranged for you after submitting your request.
To request a shuttle please click the button.
Driving to Campus
If a student drives to campus and plans to keep their vehicle, they must obtain a parking pass from the Department of Parking and Transportation.
Move-In Information & Orientation
Summer College is housed in the Residential College South building. Check-in starts at 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm on move-in day.
Dates and Times 2020:
|First Session||Registration||Orientation||Second Session||Registration||Orientation|
|Summer College||May 26||1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||3:30 pm||June 28||1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||3:30 pm|
|International Summer College||May 25||Upon arrival||TBD||June 27||Upon arrival||TBD|
Students will receive room assignment, class schedule, required book list, and Ole Miss ID.
Orientation is mandatory for all students and we strongly recommend that parents or guardians attend as well.
Suggested Packing List
Students should bring the following items*:
- Bedding for an extra-large twin bed
- Personal bath supplies (soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc.)
- Any medication taken regularly
- School supplies (notebooks, pens, etc.)
- Laundry detergent
- Cleaning supplies (broom, cleaning wipes, toilet brush, etc.)
* International students are provided with a linen pack containing a set of bed sheets, a pillow, a blanket, and a towel. They are also taken to a local supermarket to get personal hygiene articles and snacks.
We also suggest all students pack the following items:
- Personal computer/tablet (the entire campus is wireless)
- Comfortable shoes
- A light jacket
- An umbrella
- At least one formal outfit (if attending a church service on Sundays)
- A small padlock
- A personal first aid kit
Students must check out of Summer College four hours after taking the second final exam unless the exam is late in the day.
|First Session||Second Session|
|Summer College||June 23*||July 27*|
|International Summer College||June 24 *||July 28*|
* Some students may have a final exam scheduled on June 24th (first session) or July 28th (second session). We encourage students to make arrangements to move out immediately following their exam.
What Students are Saying
Former participants have shared their feedback with us. Take a look!
“My counselor was so supportive and understanding. He listened when I was frustrated or stressed, and he even helped me organize my classes for freshman year.”
“Summer College gave me a new point in of view on the USA in general, and it was completely different from what I expected. I definitely felt at home here.”
“The impact that Summer College has on me is one that I am forever thankful for. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”