Rebel Research Scholars: Summer Research Experience
The University of Mississippi Rebel Research Scholars Program offers hands-on, faculty-led research experiences in our labs here at Ole Miss to high school students interested in pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM). Under the guidance and mentorship of experienced research faculty, students will spend about seven hours each day conducting research in a university laboratory setting. Students will be using cutting edge technologies to explore the sciences. When not in the lab, students will have the opportunity to experience college life on campus with other high school summer programs, such as the Summer College for High School Students (SCHS) program.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
Various research opportunities are available for students to apply. Details regarding the specific research opportunities and involved faculty can be found below.
- Get valuable research experience
- Explore potential college and career opportunities
- Live on campus with other participants from the United States and abroad
- Learn time and financial management skills
- Develop leadership and social skills
- Make the transition from high school to college smoother, increasing opportunities for success
- Explore university facilities including libraries, computer labs, recreation centers, and dining options
- Experience and engage in cultural and recreational activities
- Create meaningful and lasting friendships.
2018 Research Experience Programs
Eligibility and Admission
Many of these opportunities are highly competitive, and students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- A minimum 3.0 GPA in math and science
- Be at least 16 years of age prior to the program start date.
STEP ONE: Complete the online Summer Research Experience application.
STEP TWO: Mail in the following official documentation:
- Official high school transcript (including Fall courses)
- Spring course schedule (*if not listed on transcript)
- ACT/SAT scores (if applicable - *if not listed on transcript)
Students’ applications will be reviewed by UM research faculty. Students will be notified of their application status and sent further instructions, if applicable.