Eco Footprint Workshop
Dates: June 10-15, 2018
Grades: Rising 9th through 12th grades
Cost: $700 Residential / $400 Commuters What's included in the cost?
Registrations Due: May 25, 2018
What is your ecological footprint? How many planets do we need, if everybody lives like me? When is your personal overshoot day of the Earth’s resources?
You will be able to answer these questions as we investigate water quality, food production, energy usage, and waste production. We will be exploring these topics through a series of hands-on lab investigations and memorable field trips. Trips will include collecting and analyzing data from a stream, observing sustainable agriculture at a local farm, and investigating where our trash goes. We will end the week with investigating how to lower our ecological footprint by designing our very own green school that uses sustainability practices.
Sponsor Department: The Sarah Isom Center for Women and Gender Studies and the Office of Pre-College Programs
Camp Type: 1 Week Residential or Commuter, non-credit
Seats Available: 24 max
- Be in good academic and conduct standing at the time of admission. The school can be public, private, parochial, or even home educated.
- Complete the online application.
This camp is a CREATE-eligible camp.
If you are a resident of Lee, Pontotoc, or Union counties, you are eligible for a scholarship made available through the CREATE Foundation. Scholarships cover the entire cost of attending select camps. Each individual may qualify for only one scholarship per summer.
To register with a scholarship, please contact our office directly to obtain a scholarship code and verify your residency. You can reach us during business hours at: (662) 915-7621.
|Day of the Week
(Summer 2018 TBD)
8:00am – 12:00pm
1:00pm – 4:30pm
Registration for a camp or program is a two-part process – the online registration form and additional documentation. Both parts must be submitted to our office before a student is confirmed for enrollment in the program.
If you are a resident of Lee, Pontotoc, or Union counties, please call our office at (662) 915-7621 to obtain a scholarship code for this camp. Please note: individual students may qualify for just one scholarship per summer.
- Register Online
- Step 1: Go to the online registration portal.
- Step 2: Click “Add Camp to Cart.”
- Step 3: Enter the Student’s Information and click “Continue.”
- Step 4: Review your Cart Information and click “Checkout.”
- Enter your email address and click “Continue Unregistered.”
- Select the appropriate payment method and follow the prompts to complete the payment transaction. If you have a discount/scholarship code, you can enter it on the right side of the page and click “Apply.”
- Step 5: Enter the Parent/Guardian and Emergency Contact Information. Click “Submit.” You will receive an emailed receipt and confirmation of registration. Please retain a copy of this receipt for your reference and tax purposes.
- Submit Medical Form
- We value the safety and well-being of all our participating students. In the case emergency or medical attention is required, ALL camps and programs require parents to submit medical forms on behalf of the student. Please DO NOT forget to return this form to our office as this will hold up the registration process for your student. If you have already submitted the medical form for a camp this summer, you will not have to submit it again. We do not retain medical documentation from previous summers.
- Step 1: Download and complete the Summer Medical Form (at top of page) with the appropriate student and parent information.
- Step 2: Attach a copy of:
- Student’s insurance card,
- Parent’s driver’s license
- Shot records with the last Tetanus Immunization or Booster Shot, and
- Any other medical documents needed to seek treatment
- Step 3: Send the form and attachments to our office at: Outreach and Continuing Education, Office of Pre-College Programs, The University of Mississippi, P.O. Box 1848, University, MS 38677-1848.
- For the security of you and your student’s information, please do not email or fax medical forms to our office. We request that you mail or bring the forms to our office.
- Submit Agreement
- The Office of Pre-College Programs has set guidelines and rules in place for the safety of the students participating in our camps and programs. Please review these guidelines and rules and discuss with your student(s) before the first day of the program. The Agreement Form is available at the top of the page.
For additional information, please contact: